Sunday 14 November 2021

What is your Superpower?

Last week in Room 24 we listened to, then reread and discussed two texts about Kindness. Our focus was to make connections from texts to real life.

Here is Morton's synopsis of the story, 'How to Spread Kindness'

Today I learnt how to how to spread kindness. The first story was about spreading kindness being like us having an "invisible bucket" - the story told me that every one has an invisible bucket. 

The bucket is like water: when there is more water in the bucket its heavier, so when you fill your bucket you feel happy and joyful. But when your bucket is empty you feel sad and lonely. The way you earn water is if you're kind and helpful, it gives the person you helped or made happy more water in their invisible bucket. That comes back to you, so you also get water in your bucket from helping them. Sometimes you lose water by getting bullied or being mean to someone else.

Do you like to have a full bucket! I certainly do! It's good for my wellbeing.

One of the follow up create tasks, was for the students to create a poster about their Superpower as a friend. This is worth considering, because not only do we all bring special treasures to a friendship, we also receive them. 

Rieza made this from Canva. Have a look at his blog, he recommends this site to make awesome posters that you will be proud of.



Sarah made this from Wordart.



Saad made this poster.


Haadi made this poster.


Thanks for checking out our Class Blog celebrating some of our Learn, Create, Share Reading tasks for the week.


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora ruma 24. Wow! I like the way you used different create tools to make some really professional looking pieces of media. It's got me thinking about what my super power would be as a friend... maybe it's remembering to stay in touch, especially as lots of my friends are in England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Room 24,
    WOW! All of these posters are so creative!
    I wonder if it was hard?
    My favourite one is the second heart one.
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete

Blood Moon Comes to NZ

I've always been fascinated with the Astronomy, especially the night sky. I love watching sunsets and the moon rising. The phases of the...