Friday 20 August 2021

 Level 4 Lockdown at Huia 

This morning when I walked my dog, Koda, on Huia beach I thought about what a privilege it is to have such a picturesque place to walk around. I live two minutes walk from the beach, so it's very easy to wander around my neighbourhood safely. I like to watch the birds gather on the beach, then quickly take off in flight as soon as the dog and I get closer.

Last weekend I saw an Antarctic Fur Seal pup sleeping on the rocky outcrop beside the beach. Evidentally these can be very aggressive, so I had to take care not to startle it.

The teachers and the Leadership Team have been working hard to ensure your Distance learning sites are all ready. There is some very exciting learning available. I have attended a few class Google Meets and Zoom sessions, where both students and teachers are learning together.

I hope you are all staying safe and being kind to your family.




1 comment:

  1. Indeed Huia is the place to be in a Lockdown! That's the right way to start the day Wendy.

    ReplyDelete

Blood Moon Comes to NZ

I've always been fascinated with the Astronomy, especially the night sky. I love watching sunsets and the moon rising. The phases of the...