Sunday 29 August 2021

Reflections on Google Meets - Week 2 Level 4 Lockdown

Ms Tannahill attended a few awesome google meets with classes last week. It's so inspiring to share my week with some of our teachers and their classes. 

Each class looked and sounded like a 'business as usual' at New Windsor School. I sensed the importance of using the New Windsor Way Values, the three R's and three C's throughout the meetings. Meeting protocol is quite complex, especially when you are only six years old and are learning to navigate computer literacy.

Meeting by distance every day is definitely our new norm. I wish to acknowledge the part our teachers, students and whanau play in making this type of learning manageable and successful.

One of my memorable moments was when the teacher asked the class to share a celebration from their week in lockdown. One student replied, 'My memorable moment was when I went for a walk with my family. We just enjoyed the sun and the outside'. 

This comment really depicts the simple things in life that we most value when faced with the complications of a world pandemic.

Kia Kaha everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Wendy,

    You may not be surprised if I say I enjoy distance learning.
    I think it's a great opportunity for teachers, tamariki and whānau to really be engaged in that partnership.

    Yes! Definitely enjoy the simple things like sleeping in and finishing my coffee. :D

    - Miss Laxa

    ReplyDelete

Blood Moon Comes to NZ

I've always been fascinated with the Astronomy, especially the night sky. I love watching sunsets and the moon rising. The phases of the...